Enjoying Your Baby, from Day One to Year One
Months 6 to 8: Babies in Motion
These months often mark an evolution from staying in one place to scooting across the room. At my mothers’ group one week, Noah stared at other children crawling; the next week, I could hardly keep up with him! Many children can also sit up on their own, allowing them to manipulate a toy. Take advantage of their sociability and delight at this age, and know that this is the last time you’ll be able to sit still for long.
- Keep a camera nearby as your baby tastes a jar of green beans or broccoli.
- Entertain your baby with a few toys in the bath, where a chorus of “Rubber Duckie” is always in vogue.
- “Retire” a favorite toy and then bring it out a week later for a look of wonder.
- Take your baby on a hike in a backpack for a new view of the world.
- Head to the park, where your baby can roll on the grass while you sit with a cool drink.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN