7 Homemade Toys for Baby
- Cut off the legs of a pair of pantyhose, creating strips about 18-inches long.
- Stuff the hose with polyester fiberfill and tie a knot to close the hose.
- Use a variety of pantyhose colors to make multicultural dolls.
- Use a rubber band to tie off the top section for a head.
- Use permanent markers to draw facial features on the doll.
- If desired, sew braids of yarn to the doll’s head for hair.
Babies and toddlers will enjoy hugging, carrying, and rocking these soft, cuddly dolls. Toddlers can begin to talk and sing to their dolls, which encourages language development.
Shape Matching Puzzle
- Gather several small household items, such as jar lid, comb, plastic spoon, old key, clothespin, and unsharpened pencil.
- Take a piece of cardboard and simply arrange these items on top.
- Spray paint the entire surface (outdoors). After the paint dries, remove the items.
Help your toddler match each item to its matching silhouette on the cardboard.
Making your own baby/toddler toys might take a little more effort on your part as the parent, however the rewards are well worth it—a delighted child and money saved.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN