Stop It From Coming Back
As best as you can, make sure not to reinfect yourself and your child.
- Wash all the pillowcases and sheets used by the sick person.
- If your child had an especially helpful stuffed animal, send it through the washing machine.
- Change to a new toothbrush: This can also be useful in preventing recurrences.
- Be choosy about play dates until you're sure your child has recovered.
- Use Florence Nightingale's timeless tip and open a window a bit to air out the bedroom.
Lastly, remember that each cold your child gets is helping to build a strong immune system. That, and the knowledge that spring is coming closer every day, should get you through!