Keep pillows out of the crib until your baby is a year old.
Install electrical outlet plugs to protect your baby from shock.
Keep small jewelry, perfumes and colognes, shoe polishing materials, belts, scarves, and ties out of your baby's reach.
Never lock a baby into a room.
Make sure closets can be opened from the inside, so that your toddler doesn't get locked in.
Never allow your baby to sleep with a bib on.
Keep older children's toys out of your baby's reach.
Keep button batteries away from your child; they can cause intoxication with mercury and acid. Button batteries can be found in watches, small toys, computer games, and other small gadgets. In the United States there is a 24-hour emergency consultation service called the National Button Battery Ingestion Hotline (202-625-3333). Over a 7-year period they followed 2382 cases of swallowed batteries. Of these, 62 were larger cylindrical batteries, and the rest were buttons.
Content provided on this site is for entertainment or informational purposes only and should not be construed
as medical or healthcare, safety, legal or financial advice. Click here for additional information.