Babyproofing Your Home
Before your child begins to crawl, use this helpful checklist of household precautions to make your home a safe place for your growing baby.
Living Room Safety
- Keep fans and space heaters—which can cause severe burns and cuts—out of your baby’s reach.
- Install electrical outlet plugs to protect your baby from shock.
- Lock windows to prevent your child from falling outside.
- Remove or shorten any cord that your child can reach. Cords from blinds or drapes can cause strangulation.
- Always pick up toys so that no one slips and falls on them.
- Place decals on glass doors at your baby’s height so that he or she doesn’t crawl or toddle into the glass.
- Secure all furniture so your baby cannot pull anything over on himself/herself.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN