Babyproofing Your Home
Before your child begins to crawl, use this helpful checklist of household precautions to make your home a safe place for your growing baby.
- Never leave your baby alone in the bathroom for any reason. Babies can drown very easily and quickly without constant supervision.
- Install electrical outlet plugs to protect your baby from shock.
- When running bathtub water, turn off the hot water first so that if your baby accidentally turns on the water, he or she is not burned by water left in the faucet.
- Keep medicines, cosmetics, and razor blades well out of reach.
- Never leave water sitting in a tub, remove razors from the edge of tub, and add adhesive non-slip decals to the bottom of the tub.
- You may choose to place faucet covers over the waterspout (though these can easily slip off if you’re not careful).
- Small children are capable of drowning in toilet bowls. If you cannot purchase a toilet latch, remember to keep the bathroom door closed and latched.
- Never leave electrical appliances plugged in near water.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN