How to Hire Super Babysitters
Once you feel comfortable that you’ve hired a winner, make sure to mention the house rules during the pre-job chat or when she arrives on the job. Here are a few to consider, but every family has their own priorities, so think about yours beforehand so you can sound friendly and firm when you review them:
- No friends over, unless you ask in advance.
- No phone calls—including personal cell phones—unless the children are asleep.
- If we’re out past 10 PM, it’s OK to fall asleep on the couch. Or not. If you have a little baby who wakes frequently, you may want to ask the sitter to remain awake even if it gets late.
- No television shows containing violence or sexual scenes. You may want to specify channels the kids can watch or appropriate videos.
- Decide whether you feel comfortable having the sitter leave the house with the children on a wagon walk or in the stroller to a nearby park.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN