- In This Feature
- Befuddled by Bottles?
- Do Baby Bottles Need to Be Sterilized Each Time Before Use?
- What's the Deal with Nipples that Come in Different Stages?
- There Are So Many Styles of Bottles. How Do I Choose?
- Is Warming Formula or Breast Milk Really Necessary?
- How Long Does Formula Keep?
- Can I Re-Heat Formula?
- Is It OK to Nurse, Then Offer Formula?
There Are So Many Styles of Bottles. How Do I Choose?
Again, this is just a matter of preference—yours and your baby's, according to Dr. Sears. Some bottles may reduce gas and colic. And some are definitely easier to clean than others. (I wish I'd realized that before I got hooked on a bottle with five separate plastic and rubber parts, plus a bottom that's aerated to prevent air bubbles. Water seeps in if it's set in water to warm, which means using a separate container for that step. But hey, at least my baby doesn't have tummy trouble.) You may have to experiment with several different kinds before your baby settles on one kind.