Top 10 Parenting Apps I Wish Existed
There are endless smartphone apps out there that are designed to make parents’ lives easier. Need a quick dinner recipe? Grab the phone! Not sure if your child is sick? Just let Dr. iPhone diagnose him. Sometimes, however, I wish I could download other parenting apps—ones that would really help alleviate day-to-day headaches that arise. So, if you are listening, smartphone app makers of the world, here are some aides that most parents could use at some point:
The Top 10 Parenting Apps I Wish Existed
10. Mute Button: To quiet my children during key moments, such as when they are in the midst of a meltdown at a restaurant or I am trying to watch something important on TV—like The Bachelor finale.
9. Toy Assembler: Quickly and properly assembles any toy or children’s product for me, regardless of how confusing the directions are or how many unnecessary parts there appear to be.
8. Shoe Locator: Can pinpoint the exact location of a child’s missing shoe in one second flat.
7. Exit Expediter: For once, I’d like to be able to get the family out the door and to our destination on time.
6. Mommy Brain Buster: Helps me remember where I placed things just a second ago, alerts me to the fact that I have my shirt on backwards, etc.
5. Under-eye Bag Eraser: To zap away those exhaustion-fueled bags when concealer just isn’t enough.
4. Dryer Add-on: Transforms dryer into the perfect appliance—one that also folds the laundry and puts it away.
3. Battery CPR: Resuscitates dying batteries in emergency toy situations.
2. The Dinner Genie: I don’t want an app that just shares recipes—I want one that actually cooks them for me, too.
1. Mom-and-Dad Time: Carves out rare child-free time for mom and dad to get reacquainted with each other. (What a novel concept!)
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN