- In This Feature
- Good Health = Good Fertility
- Fertility Problems Begin at 35
- Infertility Is a Female Problem
- Daily Sex Helps Conception
- The Pill Reduces Fertility
- Conception Occurs Only during Intercourse
- Stress Causes Infertility
- Conception Is Easy after Baby Number 1
- Ovulation Occurs on Day 14
- You Can’t Get Pregnant during Your Period
You Can’t Get Pregnant during Your Period
Since ovulation time varies in women, it is possible to get pregnant during your period. Although unlikely, says Dr. Singh, some women ovulate as early as the seventh day or have an extended period of menstruation that lasts until ovulation. Likewise, since sperm can live in the cervical mucus for an average of two days, anything is possible.
Got all of that? Good! We hope fertility is no longer such a fog of conflicting data points to you. It can seem complex to understand what with monitoring your temperature, ovulation, and the like, but once you get past the falsehoods, you'll have a clearer view of the path to conception.