- In This Feature
- Good Health = Good Fertility
- Fertility Problems Begin at 35
- Infertility Is a Female Problem
- Daily Sex Helps Conception
- The Pill Reduces Fertility
- Conception Occurs Only during Intercourse
- Stress Causes Infertility
- Conception Is Easy after Baby Number 1
- Ovulation Occurs on Day 14
- You Can’t Get Pregnant during Your Period
Stress Causes Infertility
While stress can delay ovulation by suppressing hormones, it holds no bearing over a couple's ability to procreate. The actual meeting of sperm and egg isn't affected by normal stress at all. Of course, if stress is affecting a couple's ability to have intercourse, then that's an entirely different story!
Likewise, a distinction must be made between everyday stress and severe stress, says Dr. Singh. If your stress affects the quality of your work or family life, it may also be affecting your fertility. Acupuncture and other therapies could be beneficial for the severely stressed who want to be pregnant," suggests Dr. Singh.