- In This Feature
- Good Health = Good Fertility
- Fertility Problems Begin at 35
- Infertility Is a Female Problem
- Daily Sex Helps Conception
- The Pill Reduces Fertility
- Conception Occurs Only during Intercourse
- Stress Causes Infertility
- Conception Is Easy after Baby Number 1
- Ovulation Occurs on Day 14
- You Can’t Get Pregnant during Your Period
Ovulation Occurs on Day 14
While the typical menstrual cycle is 28 days, not every woman is typical. In fact, many women have a cycle that lasts from 21 days up to as many as 35 days, says Dr. Singh. To calculate your day of ovulation, count backwards 14 days from the last day of your cycle. It very well could be day 14, or day 12, or day 20.
You can also try more sophisticated methods for predicting your patterns and days of ovulation. Try tracking your basal body temperature, watching for changes in your cervical fluid, or testing your saliva or urine for the presence of chemicals indicating ovulation is near.