Feng Shui for Fertility
Rearrange your way to pregnancy
Feng shui (pronounced “fung shway”) is the ancient Chinese tradition of arranging objects to achieve harmony in your environment. It translates literally as “wind-water.” Feng shui has long been used to help promote health, relationships, and prosperity, and it works by maximizing positive energy, or chi, in your environment. Feng shui practitioners employ “cures” such as mirrors, wind chimes, and crystals to deflect bad luck; arrange furniture to encourage the free flow of positive energy; and decorate with certain colors to invoke feelings of harmony and peace.
Many wonder if this traditional Asian practice can also increase your chances of getting pregnant. (Comparatively, tons of moms-to-be sure do rely on the Chinese Lunar Calendar to determine their baby’s gender …) Might it work for you? The answer may well be yes.
Traditional Feng Shui Cures
The following traditional feng shui cures have been used in Asian homes for centuries to bring good luck to families who want to have a child:
Outside the home
- Plant a fruit tree—then take good care of it! Fruit trees are an ancient symbol of fertility, and the more fruit your tree produces, the higher your chances of conceiving.
- Remove anything blocking the front door, such as a tree, overgrown bushes, even a car parked in front of your house. The front door is the “mouth of chi,” so blocking the door prevents positive energy from entering your home.
- Add a brass wind chime to your entranceway to welcome energy into your home.
Inside the home
- Keep it “calm”—you might want to put off remodeling the kitchen or starting any other big project while trying to conceive.
- Eliminate “poison arrows,” especially those pointing toward your front door. Poison arrows are corners that make sharp angles, either inside or outside your home, and slash through the power that comes with good chi. If you can’t get rid of them, try to cover them up with plants (this works inside as well as outside).
- Make sure all your plants are well cared for, and get rid of any that have seen better days.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN