Procreation Vacations: Getaways That Deliver
Conception-friendly resort packages ... can't hurt!
Schedule Your Pleasure
Of course, any vacation or weekend getaway can help you relax and recharge your relationship. But a procreation vacation is just more fun. Find your perfect package from the resort offerings out there, such as the five we’ve outlined below. Just remember to time your vacation with your fertile period to increase your chances of a pregnancy.
As a reminder: For a woman with a regular, 28-day cycle, ovulation usually occurs around day 14. However, the timing of ovulation varies from woman to woman and even from cycle to cycle. “Couples should have intercourse every one to two days, from approximately days 10 through 16 of the menstrual cycle, if the woman is having 28-day cycles,” says Dr. Adamson.
Toni Weschler recommends keeping a chart of your fertility signs, especially cervical fluid. “As soon as the woman notices a slippery and/or stretchy cervical fluid at her vaginal opening, they should have intercourse on that day and all ensuing days with that fertile quality cervical fluid.”
As for us, it’s still too early to tell whether our procreation vacation was a success. However, we both feel relaxed, reenergized, and ready for whatever lies ahead.
At the time of writing, the following resorts were offering conception-enhancing packages. You can get more details about each of them in our procreation vacation slideshow.
- The Beachmere Inn, Ogunquit, Maine
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club, Runaway Bay, Jamaica
- The Fertile Soul Retreats at the Lake House Lodge and Spa, Flat Rock, North Carolina
- Five Gables Inn & Spa, St. Michaels, Maryland
- Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort and Spa, Marco Island, Florida
- Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Westin Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN