- In This Feature
- Make It Count
- Use Math Talk
- Count by Rote
- Teach Meaningful Counting
- Introduce Rational Counting
- Add and Subtract Items in a Given Set
- Demonstrate How to Classify Objects
- Compare Objects
- Model Estimating
- Teach Patterning and Sequencing
- Practice Measuring
- Help Your Child Learn to Recognize and Write Numbers
Help Your Child Learn to Recognize and Write Numbers
Cut out numbers made of felt or construction paper and let your youngster make number pictures. Have him play bingo. Have him trace and write the numbers and illustrate them by drawing the correct number of objects. Make or buy number flash cards.
There are so many other ways to introduce the magic of numbers to your child. From the simplicity of counting and sorting household items to finding books that teach counting, measuring, and simple arithmetic, be creative and have fun. Get counting!