Fast Food: Saving Time and Waistlines
In specific terms, here are some examples of best selections. Use this as a guide when eating in other similar establishments:
- Burger King: Hamburger, side salad, applesauce, low-fat milk
- Hardee’s: Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich, Pancake Platter
- Jack in the Box: Chicken Fajita Pita, Southwest Chicken Pita, hamburger, taco, side salad, fruit cup, applesauce
- KFC: Tender Roast chicken, BBQ chicken sandwich, baked beans, green beans, corn on the cob, side salad, seasoned rice, granola bar
- McDonalds: Apple bran muffin, hamburger, salads, yogurt parfait, apple slices with low-fat caramel dip
- Pizza Hut: Ham, cheese, or veggie pizza with Thin N’ Crispy crust
- Subway: Low-fat six-inch subs, broth-based soups, low-fat chips
- Taco Bell: Pintos n’ Cheese with red sauce, Border Light Taco, Fresco Style menu items
- Wendy’s: Ultimate Chicken Grill sandwich, chili, Jr. Hamburger, baked potato with sour cream and chives, salads (except taco), mandarin orange slices, yogurt
In addition to the suggestions here, you may also use the nutritional leaflets or online information offered by most fast food establishments to help you with your food selections.
Good luck with the all the daily tasks of life, and when time is running short, pull through the drive-through. Only now, make the choices that benefit both your time crunch and your family’s health and waistlines.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN