Leftover Baby Food Red Lentil Cranberry Chicken Recipe
For a heart-healthy toddler meal packed with lentils and protein, try this red lentil cranberry chicken delight.
Gigi Lee Chang, who was inspired by the birth of her son to create Plum Organic baby foods, created this recipe featuring Plum Organics and suggests that if you’re making this recipe for babies ages six to nine months, puree the mixture, adding extra water if necessary. For older babies, she recommends roughly mashing the mixture in the pan with a potato masher.
- 1 tsp. olive oil or other heart-healthy oil
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roast chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. cranberry sauce or dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 4 oz. Plum Organics Red Lentil Veggie meal
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about two minutes.
- Mix in roast turkey, green beans/peas, rosemary and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Warm Plum Organics Sweet Potatoes separately and fold into final blended mixture or mash.
- Place the rough mash in a small oven proof dish, top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for five minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve in a child-friendly dish.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN