Mmm, Organic! 3 Smart Toddler Snacks
Healthy foods that kids will actually eat!
Baked “Zuke” Sticks
Zucchini is a tough name for little ones to pronounce, and
zuke sounds much more fun. These are a good snack food, side dish, or party food to serve with other veggie sticks. (A side of marinara sauce is good for those little dippers.)
Enlist older children to help by rolling sticks in flour, milk, and bread crumbs. This may become a messy job as mixture can stick to fingers. A child who does not like messy hands will pass on this task.
3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup organic milk
3 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 3×1/2-inch pieces (peel if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a jelly-roll pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Place the flour on a plate. Pour milk into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each zucchini stick in flour until lightly coated. Then dip in milk.
- Finally roll in bread crumb mixture until covered, pressing so mixture sticks.
- Transfer zucchini sticks to prepared pan and bake for 22 to 24 minutes, until zucchini is tender and coating is crisp and brown.
Serving Size: 8 sticks (128g)
Calories from Fat: 10
Total Fat: 1.5g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 20g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN