Leftover Baby Food Sweet Potato Turkey Casserole Recipe
For a heart-healthy toddler meal packed with the benefits of both protein and veggies, try this sweet potato turkey casserole recipe.
Serves: 1 toddler
Gigi Lee Chang, who was inspired by the birth of her son to create Plum Organic baby foods, created this recipe featuring Plum Organics and suggests that if you’re making this recipe for babies ages six to nine months, puree the mixture, adding extra water if necessary. For older babies, she recommends roughly mashing the mixture in the pan with a potato masher.
- 1 tsp. olive oil or other heart-healthy oil
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roast turkey
- 1/8 cup finely chopped cooked green beans or peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch finely chopped rosemary
- 4 oz. Plum Organics sweet potatoes puree
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about two minutes.
- Mix in roast turkey, green beans/peas, rosemary and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Warm Plum Organics Sweet Potatoes separately and fold into final blended mixture or mash.
- Place the rough mash in a small oven proof dish, top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for five minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve in a child-friendly dish. Simply double or triple it for a fun family meal.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN