To decorate the snack can for Father's Day, first cut the construction paper to fit the can. Then decorate the paper with stickers, paint, markers, crayons, and such. Glue or tape this decorated paper onto the coffee can and cover with clear adhesive paper.
Mix the ingredients for the Father's Day snack. Fill the can with this mixture and present this snack can to Dad on his special day.
Activities for Dads and Kids
Looking for some great ways to spend time with Dad? Try some of these suggestions or make up your own—the important thing is to have fun together!
- Go to the local nursery together to buy a few plants. At home, spend fun time in the yard planting your new foliage. Continue gardening together as much as possible.
- Go for an afternoon drive. See how many sports cars you can identify together.
- Set up the sprinkler in the yard and have fun splish-splashing through the water. This is sure to bring back memories from Dad's childhood!
- Have a "mini family reunion." Invite relatives over for an afternoon of food and games. Help Dad with the all-time favorite BBQ.
- Smuggle away a few hours together on the couch talking about your child's dreams, hobbies, etc. Today, read a story to Dad.
- Hug Dad and tell him you love him—the most special gift of all that's sure to make him smile!