- Cut off the legs of a pair of pantyhose, creating strips about 18-inches long.
- Stuff the hose with polyester fiberfill and tie a knot to close the hose.
- Use a variety of pantyhose colors to make multicultural dolls.
- Use a rubber band to tie off the top section for a head.
- Use permanent markers to draw facial features on the doll.
- If desired, sew braids of yarn to the doll's head for hair.
Shape Matching Puzzle
- Gather several small household items, such as jar lid, comb, plastic spoon, old key, clothespin, and unsharpened pencil.
- Take a piece of cardboard and simply arrange these items on top.
- Spray paint the entire surface (outdoors). After the paint dries, remove the items.
Making your own baby/toddler toys might take a little more effort on your part as the parent, however the rewards are well worth it—a delighted child and money saved.