The first celebrity baby of 2010 is a girl named Vida! The daughter of proud papa Matthew McConaughey and girlfriend, Camila Alves, arrived on January 3. Vida, whose name means "life" in Portuguese, joins older brother, Levi, born in 2008.
More little darlings born at the dawn of the decade:
- HGTV interior designer Vern Yip welcomed son, Gavin Joshua Mannox, born on January 6
- On January 8, a baby boy named Charlie Rhodes joined Scrubs star Sarah Chalke and her fiancé, Jamie Afifi
- Cash Rich, the son of Big & Rich's John Rich, was born on January 10
- Mark Wahlberg and Rhea Durham welcomed Grace Margaret, their fourth child, on January 11
- Kloey Alexandra, whose first name is a combination of her parents, Kelly and Joey Fatone, was also born January 11
- Another January 11 birth: Rocco Rio, son of Jillian (Barberie) Reynolds and Grant Reynolds
- On January 14, British DJ and record producer, Fatboy Slim, and his wife, Zoë Ball, delivered a baby girl named Nelly May Lois
The celebrity love train shows no signs of slowing down. First-time parents heading into the new year are Brothers & Sisters star Sarah Jane Morris and her husband, Ned Brower, whose son is due in January; Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi, who will deliver in late March or early April; Rebecca Gayheart and Eric Dane, who are expecting a daughter in March; and for The Young and the Restless star Christel Khalil and husband, Stephen Hensley, it's a son on the horizon.
In May, crooner Robin Thicke and his wife, actress Paula Patton, are expecting their first son. White Collar actress and former Saved by the Bell and Beverly Hills 90210 star, Tiffani Thiessen, and her husband, Brady Smith, are also expecting their first baby that month. Slated for the late spring is the first child of The Real Housewives of New York City star Bethenny Frankel and her fiancé, Jason Hoppy.