Exhaustion, a demanding baby, and spit-up-stained shirts don't exactly make for a winning aphrodisiac. In fact, sex is pretty much at the bottom of most new parents' "to do" lists, right behind "wash hair." It takes a certain amount of effort and creativity to rev up your sex life after having a baby—and, although I know there are plenty of tips out there for getting your groove back (among the most popular: Ditch the sweatpants!) I have some suggestions that you may not have considered yet: Here is:
10 Ways to Spice Up Your Post-Baby Sex Life
10. Indicate that you're in the mood by sidling up to your spouse, tenderly cupping his ear and whispering the words he's been longing to hear: "I'm going to shave my legs tonight."
9. Actually shave your legs.
8. You know what is an aphrodisiac to a new mom? SLEEP. So let your husband know that if he takes the 3AM shift to feed the baby, then he just might get lucky the next day.
7. Make a game out of the endless children's shows you watch. For example, every time Mickey Mouse yells, "Oh, Toodles!" give each other a big ol' smooch.
6. Not feeling so sexy in that nursing bra and those elastic waistband maternity pants you're still wearing? Forget about that and focus on what makes them awesome: Easy access for your husband!
5. If the baby is sleeping in the bedroom with you, then sneak out and hook up, college-style: on the sticky floor of the kitchen. (Only now it's sticky from milk instead of beer.)
4. Keep in mind that in the time it takes you to say, "You want to have sex? Are you serious? Do you know how tired I am? I had to get up at 5 a.m., feed the baby, clean the sticky floor in our kitchen…" you probably could have already had sex.
3. Let your husband know how desirable he is by squeezing his arms and purring, "I love how your muscles ripple when you change the Diaper Genie."
2. Ignite foreplay by engaging in an adult-only version of "Head, shoulders, knees and toes."
1. Seriously. Ditch the sweatpants.