Have we convinced you yet? Are you ready to make your water bottle your constant companion and new best friend? Good! Here's how to get started.
Water Intake Tips
Need some ideas for making hydration easy?
- Keep a reusable water bottle in your car, in your gym bag, and in the fridge. Take it wherever you go, so you can leisurely sip on it throughout the day.
- Before drinking that soda or coffee, drink a full 8 ounces of water. Then enjoy your favorite beverage. The water filling your stomach will make you less likely to overindulge in the caffeinated and sugary drinks.
- If plain water is just too bland for your taste, jazz it up with lemon juice or 2 tablespoons of cranberry or orange juice.
- Try sparkling water. You don't have to spend a lot of money on fancy sparkling water in glass bottles with Italian names. You can get a 12-pack of raspberry or lemon flavored sparkling water from Canada Dry. It's just carbonated water after all!
- Replace that soda or cocktail with this sexy little number: sparkling water, a splash of light cranberry juice, and a slice of lime. It's pink, it sparkles, and it's really yummy! If you want to look sophisticated, order this at a bar or restaurant and ask them to put it in a martini glass. (Check out these other mocktails for when you want to spare yourself the extra calories from alcohol.)