Tricks and Tips to Help You Stay the Course
If you like, print this page and refer to it often!
- Keep talking positively to yourself; use the note cards.
- Surround yourself with positive people who want to see you fit and happy. Ignore and avoid negative people or bad influences.
- Continue exercising because it creates endorphins that lower stress and put you in a better state of mind.
- On the days you are ready to throw in the towel, get up and get moving. Every time you quit, it's easier to quit again the next time. Likewise, every time you exhibit self-control, your will becomes stronger.
- Find new ways to involve your family in staying fit outdoors: walks in the park, hiking, playing Frisbee, swimming, etc.
- Keep unhealthy junk foods out of your shopping cart and your house. If they're not there, you can't eat them.
- Find a support group or fitness buddy and make dates to do things together.
- Keeping seeking improvement. Small goals are a great way to keep the fire burning and avoid boredom. A local charity 5K walk/run is a great way to work toward a goal, give back to the community, and have a blast.
- Knowledge is power. Read books and blogs about positive living.
- Take charge! This is your life; live it intentionally.
- Believe in yourself and never, ever give up!
Remember that being healthy is a journey and not a destination. A destination is a place to stop and rest. A journey is a wonderful adventure that offers new rewards and new challenges around every corner.
So we ask you, "What are you going to do now?"