- In This Feature
- Know What to Expect
- Lochia: When Will I Stop Bleeding?
- The Linea Nigra: When Will That Line On My Belly Disappear?
- Stretch Marks: When Will They Go Away?
- Postpartum Alopecia: Why Is My Hair Falling Out?
- Sleep Deprivation: Why Can't I Think Straight?
- Skin Changes: Why Do I Have Pimples?
- Engorgement: How Do I Get My Breasts to Calm Down?
- Soft Breasts: Where Did All My Milk Go?
- Stress Incontinence: Why Am I Dribbling?
- Sweating: Why Am I Soaking the Sheets Each Night?
- Surviving: Hang In There!
Skin Changes: Why Do I Have Pimples?
If you've heard it once, you've heard it a thousand times ... hormones! Those same hormones that wreaked havoc with your skin in high school are back with a vengeance. Add in lack of sleep (necessary for skin cells to replenish themselves), zero time for facials, moisturizing or showering for that matter, and you've got a recipe for zits. The good news is that your hormones will settle down in a few weeks (although breastfeeding moms may experience more break-outs when they wean), and the older your munchkin gets, the more time you'll have to take care of yourself. For now, take solace in the fact that absolutely nobody is looking at you while you're holding that adorable baby in your arms!