Did you know that strengthening your abdominal, back, pelvic, and hip muscles can reduce your risk of developing a repetitive-stress injury? Brill recommends practicing this simple exercise at least three times a week.
- Lie on your back with your arms straight up toward the ceiling.
- Keeping your back flat against the floor, lift your legs straight up over your pelvis and bend your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- In one slow, smooth motion, bring your left knee toward your chest as you extend your right leg, in a "bicycling" motion.
- Keep alternating legs as you incorporate your arms: When your left leg moves toward your chest, extend your left arm over your head and vice versa.
- Repeat up to a count of 60.