How Will I Have Time to Do Everything?
Be careful not to get a case of Supermom Syndrome. It's common to feel like you have to do everything perfectly, but remember that you don't have to have the cleanest house in the country! There are many things you can do to become more organized and less stressed.
- Task-share at home. Identify tasks that need to get done and decide who will perform each one. Communicating openly and being flexible with one another will reduce misunderstandings and stress.
- Have a schedule and stick to it. Routine is key when adjusting to the many duties associated with a new baby. Having a routine will make you feel more organized, and knowing what to expect each day will lower your stress level.
- Always look for shortcuts. Chores at home and work can, more than likely, be done less perfectly. For example, straighten the house more often, as opposed to thoroughly cleaning it each time.
- Have a daily checklist and manually check each item off as it is completed. You'd be surprised at how motivating it can be to see items being crossed off of a list.
- Multitask as often as possible. For example, file, fold laundry, or cook dinner while you're on the phone.