Premature babies require some extra care and attention. Learn more about what to expect when you bring your preemie home.
- Only 2 percent of births happen before 32 weeks, considered “extreme preterm.”
- If you want twins or triplets, your chances increase as you grow older
- Exercise during pregnancy does not increase the chances of a preterm birth
- Direct skin-to-skin contact with mom or dad has been shown to help premies
- Lay off the Diet Soda during pregnancy: it’s been linked to preterm births