What problems can arise from postponing treatment for Bacterial Vaginosis? I was diagnosed with at my first prenatal appointment and was told to wait 12 weeks. The symptoms had come and gone. However, at my 14 week appt., I had no symptoms and the doctor said not to worry about it. But a week later the unmistakable discharge reappeared. They tell me to just wait till the next appointment, which isn't for another three weeks. Do you agree with this advice, or could letting this go untreated have implications for the baby or me?
I don't think there's any risk here, although if it's really bothering you, it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask for an appointment sooner to diagnose and treat this.