- In This Feature
- Make a Realistic List of Essential Items
- Start Accumulating Baby Items
- Distance Yourself from Emotionally Charged Purchases
- Borrow from Friends and Family or Purchase Secondhand
- Organize a Baby Shower
- Don't Feel Guilty for Opting to Less-Expensive Products
- Keep Sale Prices in Perspective
- Join a Toy Library
Start Accumulating Baby Items
Fortunately, human gestation provides nine months to prepare for the expenses of parenthood. You need not incur all costs the moment your doctor confirms your pregnancy, nor should you leave all the shopping for Hubby to do once you've been admitted to the hospital. Use the months before Baby's arrival to get what you'll need.
"The best tip I could give is to buy diapers in advance," says Anne Morcombe, a mother of two. "When doing your grocery shopping, check the price of disposable diapers. If they're on sale, buy a box or two."