Time to Test
Make sure you try out a variety of the high chairs' features before you finally settle on a model to buy. The built-in toys that you thought your baby would love may not hold her interest. You may find that a wrap-around tray just doesn't work well for you and your baby, or that you prefer a chair with wheels. Follow this guide as you consider which chair to purchase:
- Check the chair's stability.
- Look over the chair for design features that may make for tough cleanup (like ruffled seat covers).
- See if the straps and the tray are easy to use, especially one-handed.
- Make sure you can operate all of the adjustable height and reclining parts.
- Consider whether the look of the chair—including the fabric colors—are right for your kitchen.
- Ask whether you can return the chair if you later find that it's not right for you and your child.