BabyZone's Ultimate Stroller-Buying Guide
Starting to shop for a stroller? Keep calm and carry on... this handy guide with get you in-the-know
Buy with Confidence
So you’ve figured out your due date, factored in where you live and how you live—you’re ready to buy the perfect stroller, right? Not so fast! Before you buy, consider the following tips to help you make the best decision for you and your baby:
- Borrow from friends to test out what you think is the right stroller.
- Check out manufacturer recall lists to make sure the stroller you’re looking at hasn’t been recalled. Even the priciest models sometimes have problems.
- Test drive strollers at your local baby superstore, but don’t feel like you have to purchase them there. Once you know what you want, shop for the best price online or suggest it as a shower gift.
Stroller Checklist for Your Test Drive
- How easy is it to fold?
- Does it have a five-point harness to secure the baby?
- Does it recline? How many positions does it have?
- How easy is it to use the brakes?
- Are the handlebars adjustable?
- Is the basket too low? Too high?
- Is the basket big enough for your needs?
- Does the stroller have cup holders?
- Is it too heavy? Too light?
- Is it easy to steer?
- Do the front and back wheels swivel?
- Does the stroller fit into your car’s trunk?
- Does the stroller have the JPMA seal?
- What is the store’s return policy on the stroller?
- Is the stroller on a recall list?
Strollers make parenting much easier—keeping your baby asleep from car to grocery store to home when she’s small, and keeping her out of trouble while on walks and visits to the zoo when she’s a toddler. Take time to find the stroller that will fit your family’s needs.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN