March 17, 2008: Magtastik and Magnetix Jr. Pre-School Magnetic Toys Recall
Toys pose aspiration and intestinal hazards if accidentally swallowed
Twenty three toys were included in this recall; images here represent only a few.
If your children play with MEGA Brands Magtastik and Magnetix Magnetic Toys, they should stop immediately. Check the model number to determine whether you should send the product back to MEGA Brands in exchange for a safe replacement.
According to a recall posted on the websites of MEGA Brands and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), these action figures have been voluntarily recalled due to magnets inside the toys coming loose. If the magnets are swallowed, risks include aspiration, intenstinal perforation, and intestinal blockages, which may be fatal.
Do You Own These Toys?
Click here to read the official recall release.
The recalled toys include:
- Magtastik Starter Set with model number 427
- Magtastik Deluxe Set with model number 428
- Primary with model number 429
- Primary Starter with model number 431
- Car with model number 434
- Helicopter with model number 435
- Fun Pack with model number 448
- Jumbo 24 Piece Bag with model number 456
- Round Bag with model number 461
- 12 Piece Mag Bag with model number 462
- Target Bucket with model number 466
- 40 Piece Tub with model number 468
- Deluxe New Starter Set with model number 467
- Wonder Coaster with model number 465
- Starter Set – New Parts with model number 496
- Magnimals – Monkey with model number 424
- Magnimals – Dog with model number 425
- Magnimals – Dinosaur with model number 426
- Magnimals Assortment with model number 423
- Mag Mobile Assortment with model number 433
- Magnimals Pet Set with model number 436
- Magnimals Bonus Pack with model number 446
- Easter Pack with model number 469
You will find the model number printed on the front of the product’s packaging.
Whom to Contact
Consumers should stop using the recalled toys and call MEGA Brands at 800) 779-7122 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday to receive a safe replacement, or visit the company’s website at www.megabrands.com.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN