October 24, 2013: Orbit Baby Announces Recall of their Car Seat Base G2 Unit
Orbit Baby announced a voluntary recall of two of their Car Seat Base G2 units.
What’s the Deal?
As a result of a few customer calls, Orbit Baby was made aware that in some cases the StrongArm knob on certain Car Seat Base G2 units may detach or spin without tightening the base, preventing the proper installation of the Car Seat Base G2 in accordance with the instruction manual.
Do You Own It?
Your Orbit Baby Car Seat Base G2 is affected by this recall if it meets all of the following criteria:
- Product Name: Orbit Baby® Car Seat Base G2
- Model Number: ORB822000
- Manufacturing Date: Between March 20, 2013 and July 20, 2013
- Batch Number: any of A0840, A0860 or A0880
What Should You Do?
- Register your product. If you have not done so already, register your Orbit Baby products here: US Customers | Canadian Customers.
- Install the StrongArm Repair Kit. After receiving your registration and contact information, Orbit Baby will soon send you a StrongArm Repair Kit so that you can easily re-attach your StrongArm knob to your Car Seat Base G2.
- Continue using your Orbit Baby car seats. Keep in mind that you can continue to install your Orbit Baby car seat without your Car Seat Base G2 in the mean time if needed (view all product manuals and installation videos here). Also, if your Car Seat Base G2 is already securely installed in accordance with the instruction manual and the StrongArm knob later detaches or just spins, your base will remain securely installed and can continue to be used with your car seat; this does NOT affect the performance of your securely installed Car Seat Base G2 in a crash.
You can call Orbit Baby toll free at (877) 672-2229. You can also visit the company website and click on latest safety information for more details.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN