February 19, 2009: Old Navy Stuffed Toys Recall
Button eyes may detach, posing a choking hazard
According to the US Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC), Old Navy is voluntarily recalling approximately 40,000 of its Stuffed Animal and Creature Toys. While no incidents have been reported, the button eyes on the toys may detach, posing a choking hazard to children.
Do You Own These Stuffed Toys?
The stuffed animal and creature toys are made out of cotton and have plastic button eyes. They come in a variety of styles, such as a rabbit, penguin, and reindeer.
The recalled toys and style numbers are listed below:
- Brown Plaid Creature (Stubby Stuberson) – Style #612756
- Pink Striped Dove – Style #600571
- Grey Dog – Style #600572
- Hot Pink Creature (Lucy Toothy) – Style #612800
- White Dog (Dr. Poopsie) – Style #612738
- Brown Penguin – Style #612672
- Light Pink Rabbit – Style #612671
- Brown Reindeer – Style #612728
- Dark Pink Rabbit (Honey O’Bunny) – Style #612806
Whom to Contact
Consumers should immediately take the recalled stuffed toy away from young children and return it to any Old Navy store for a full refund. If the toys were purchased online, contact Old Navy for instructions on returning themfor a full refund. Consumers who return the toy before July 1, 2009 will also receive a $5 coupon toward a future Old Navy purchase.
- Call (866) 580-9930 between 9 AM and 9 PM, EST Monday through Friday or between 12PM and 7PM EST on Saturday
- Visit the firm’s website at www.oldnavy.com
- Email Old Navy at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN