An estimated 10,000 children's pajamas have been recalled by retailers due to violation of the Federal Flammability Standard.
Many styles of the pajamas are included in this recall. Image here represents just one.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Papa Bear Loungeabouts, LLC, of Los Angeles, California, has recalled an estimated 10,000 children's pajamas and sleepwear. The garments fail to meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injury to children. No injuries or incidents have been reported.
Do You Own This Product?
This recall involves all styles of pajama sets (tops and bottoms), separate pajama pants and nightgowns sold in boys and girls sizes 0 to 6X and 7 to 14. A garment label with the name "Papa Bear Loungeabouts" and a picture of a bear is sewn into the center back neckline on the outside of the garments. A hanging label features the same name and image. The sleepwear is 100-percent cotton poplin or 100-percent cotton flannel and the different styles come in a variety of colors and novelty print designs, including: bling, cows, Scotty dogs, hotrods, basketball, sports, vintage, rodeo, rock and roll, ballerinas, popcorn, and more.
The garments sold at children's clothing and specialty retailers nationwide and online from January 2004 to December 2011.
Whom to Contact
Consumers should stop using the recalled sleepwear immediately and return the product to the retailer where the product was purchased for a refund, exchange or store credit. For additional information, please contact the retailer from whom you purchased your recalled products. Participating in this recall are the following retailers with their contact details:
- CCS Group d/b/a Pajamamania: 866-472-5262, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; includes Sleepyheads and Pajamaheaven of Erlanger, Kentucky; websites: www.pajamamania.com, www.sleepyheads.com
- Cotton Tots, Inc. d/b/a Bright Beginnings and Bestdressed Kids of Austin, Texas.: 512-453-0433, Email: email@example.com; website: www.bestdressedkids.com
- Comfykid.com of San Jose, California: 877-479-9040, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: www.comfykid.com
- My Baby Pajamas, LLC of Scottsdale, Arizona: 480-330-6380, email@example.com; website: www.mybabypajamas.com
- Pajama Company of New Canaan, Connecticut: 877-757-4386 firstname.lastname@example.org; website: www.thepajamacompany.com
- Zulily, Inc. of Seattle, Washington: 855-812-0945 email@example.com; website: www.zulily.com