If I Had a Registry I Would’ve LOVED One of These…
Looking back, this is something that I missed out on, at least a little. I didn’t register with my first baby (or second or third) because they were all born in Europe where superstores, registries and American style showers just aren’t done. It was a lovely experience and one I’m deeply grateful for, but now we’re back in the U.S.—and we have another baby on the way. If I were to register, back then or even now, this would be my wish list.
- Bouncer. I’ve had my eye on the Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Infant Seat for four years now, ever since our first daughter was born. I love that it has handles on each side for easy (and safe) transporting, a little mirror for the baby to enjoy, and then there are those ears. Come on. It doesn’t get much sweeter than that…until you put a sleeping baby in it.
- Video monitor. When I recently asked American friends which baby product they’d buy again in a heartbeat, more than one said a video monitor, like this highly rated model from Motorola. The benefit over its audio cousin? When you hear the baby stir, cry or cough, you can immediately tell what’s going on, instead of getting nervous (and getting out of bed) or worse, waking up an otherwise sleeping baby by walking in the room.
- Double breast pump. If I had it to do over again, I’d have registered for a powerful double breast pump like the Medela In Style to get lots of milk stored in a short amount of time.
- My Breast Friend Nursing Pillow. Breastfeeding can be tricky, even when you’ve done it before. There’s the right angle, the wiggling, the latching. With lots of support for your back, and your baby, this is a pillow tons of moms swear by and I’d love to have one myself.
- Swaddle Wraps. When in Rome, I happened to find one of these super soft muslin blankets by Aden + Anais and it’s been through the paces with all three babies. Since number four will be another summer baby, I’d love to get the 3-pack to use as a warm-weather swaddle but also a sun shade or blanket for the baby to roll around on all summer long.
There’s something so fun about gearing up for a new baby. It makes the whole experience somehow seem more “real” when there’s a bag of beautiful, soft and special things waiting just for her. Until I can see her little face, these are the kinds of things that remind me of just how sweet the summer will be.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN