Butternut Squash and Apple Bake
Butternut squash and apples combine for a great fall treat for toddlers—and can be pureed for the littler ones.
- 2 pounds butternut squash
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
- Cut into slices that are about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Place slices evenly in a rectangular baking dish, then top with the sliced apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, melted butter, flour, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for about one hour.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN