Butternut Squash Pancakes
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds, and place in a baking pan, cut side down, with about 1 inch of water.
- Cook at 350 degrees F until tender. Remove and cool.
- Remove flesh and put into a bowl. Mash with a fork and add the egg and milk. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Mix well, and then add to the squash mixture. Stir in the vanilla.
- Allow mixture to rest about 15 minutes.
- To cook, heat about a 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a skillet or griddle. Pour desired amount into pan and cook about two to three minutes per side.
- Serve with honey, syrup, butter, or other favorite topping.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN