Cheesy Yellow Squash Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow crookneck squash, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Steam or boil the squash until just tender. Set aside.
- In a skillet, add half the butter and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the squash, cheeses, and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a baking dish that’s been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Melt the remaining butter and combine with the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over top of squash.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN