Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups diced, fresh pumpkin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar, Monterey jack or mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
- Add pumpkin and cook until pumpkin is soft.
- Stir in the water or stock, bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off and add the cream and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With a hand-held blender, blend until smooth.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN