Serves: 8 bars
Don’t buy expensive energy bars—make ‘em! They’re easy, we promise.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 ounce pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt honey in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Mix together nuts, seeds, and salt in bowl.
- When honey is foamy and bubbling, stir in nuts, seeds, and raisins and evenly coat with syrup.
- Turn out onto an 8×10-inch greased baking pan.
- Once cooled, cut into eight bars of equal size. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Nuts can be substituted for seeds and other dried fruit can be substituted for raisins. Wrap bars individually in wax paper for grab-and-go ease.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN