Serves: 4 dozen
Healthy cookies? Yup!
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, brown rice syrup, agave nectar, or honey
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk or yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil cookie sheet.
- Coarsely chop sunflower and sesame seeds in food processor, blender, or by hand.
- Place in large mixing bowl with flour, spice, salt, and baking soda and whisk together.
- In separate bowl, beat together oil, sweetener, molasses, egg, vanilla, and milk or yogurt.
- Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Scoop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until bottoms are golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN