Herbed Potato Wedges
Skip the fried taters! This baked version packs the flavor without the fat and gives you a healthy dose of potassium, fiber, and vitamin C.
Recipe courtesy of Lexy Zissu, coauthor of The Complete Organic Pregnancy.
- 1 medium potato with skin on, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- spice of choice (rosemary, oregano, fennel seed, or chili powder work well)
- Spread potato slices on a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle slices with salt, pepper, and spice(s).
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit until wedges are crispy (15 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness).
If you really miss your French fries, slice potatoes into long rectangles before baking.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN