Serves: 1 dozen
Who doesn’t love a muffin? These from Cathe Olson will give mamas-to-be a dose of calcium, iron, potassium, fiber, and protein!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup whole wheat, spelt, or barley flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 bananas)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (dairy or nondairy)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly oil muffin tins.
- In food processor or blender, grind oats and nuts to a coarse meal.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and whisk in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Stir in raisins.
- Beat remaining ingredients together until smooth.
- Add to oat mixture and stir just until mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared tins.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until tops are firm to the touch.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN