Pineapple Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes, washed and pricked with a fork
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Bake the sweet potatoes at 400 degrees F for about one hour or until tender. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Carefully cut a slit lengthwise in the potato. Gently open it up slightly and remove the inside, leaving the shell. Set the shells on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the removed potato, pineapple, orange juice, margarine, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the shells.
- Return to oven and bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN