Red Lentil Cranberry Chicken
- 1 tsp. olive oil or other heart-healthy oil
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roast chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. cranberry sauce or dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 4 oz. Plum Organics Red Lentil Veggie meal
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about two minutes.
- Mix in roast turkey, cranberry sauce/dried cranberries and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- For babies six to nine months, puree the mixture in a blender, adding extra water if necessary. For older babies, roughly mash the mixture in the pan with a potato masher.
- Warm Plum Organics Red Lentil Veggie meal separately and fold into final blended mixture or mash. Allow to cool and serve.
For a healthy, hearty toddler meal, place the rough mash in a small oven proof dish, top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for five minutes or until cheese is melted. Allow to cool thoroughly and serve in a child-friendly dish.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN