Sweet Potato Turkey Casserole
Serves: 1 toddler
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or other heart-healthy oil
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roast turkey
- 1/8 cup finely chopped cooked green beans or peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch finely chopped rosemary
- 4 oz. Plum Organics Sweet Potatoes puree
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about two minutes.
- Mix in roast turkey, green beans/peas, rosemary and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Chang created this recipe featuring the Plum Organics food and suggests that if you’re making this recipe for babies ages six to nine months, puree the mixture, adding extra water if necessary. For older babies, Chang recommends roughly mashing the mixture in the pan with a potato masher.
- Warm Plum Organics Sweet Potatoes separately and fold into final blended mixture or mash. Allow to cool and serve. This serving size is perfect for a toddler meal. Simply double or triple it for a fun family meal.
If you’re making this recipe for babies ages six to nine months, puree the mixture, adding extra water if necessary. For older babies, roughly mash the mixture in the pan with a potato masher. For a healthy, hearty toddler meal, place the rough mash in a small oven proof dish, top with cheese and bake at 350° F for five minutes or until cheese is melted. Allow to cool thoroughly and serve in a child-friendly dish.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN