Looking for original ideas to enhance your best friend's baby shower? From fun foods to giving the right gift, these 25 terrific tips will make any baby shower memorable for the mom-to-be and guests.
Fabulous Food: Create a Theme
1. Baby Shower Buffet: Buffets are great for ease of use and presentation. Have fun with the menu and get creative. Offer a variety of high-quality Thai take-out, plates of Italian antipasti, a salad buffet, a selection of tropical fruits, or assemble a delicious collection of French pastries.
2. Cake Creativity: Fun baby-themed cakes can easily be made with a few standard cake pans—how about a diaper, baby bottle, or bootie cake? For a super-easy cake, just use a round cake pan and draw a big baby's face on the cake top.
3. Baby Food Fun: Ask guests to bring foods that they have named in a baby theme or use items with the word "baby" in them, such as baby snap peas and carrots.
4. Get Fruity: Healthy and easy to prepare and serve, fruits make for a pretty presentation. Try a spiraled fruit tart with various sliced fruits circled in a pastry shell and drizzled with a sweet glaze.
5. Easy Potluck: New moms are grateful for healthy recipes that are simple and tasty. Arrange easy-to-make dishes your guests can bring for you all to enjoy, and combine the recipes in a binder for the guest of honor.